We are looking for arts practitioners to deliver "In the Bay"
For more information or to apply please email email@example.com
Theatre Performance, Design and Technical Freelancers Wanted for Open Youth Theatre Project in partnership with Wales Millennium Centre and Arts Council of Wales
- £25 per hour
- Hours: Negotiable (evenings and weekends)
- Term: 12 month project starting immediately
Outline of Post:
Media Academy Cardiff (MAC), in partnership with Wales Millennium Centre, is delighted to be able to offer the opportunity to be part of an award winning young person’s voluntary organisation. Your role will be to engage young people aged between 16-26 in an open theatre, In the Bay, removing barriers for life through the arts. This will provide young people with the opportunity to participate in a high quality artistic and educational experience, through weekly workshops and ongoing mentoring, to develop arts and backstage skills to work towards a collaborative performance at Wales Millennium Centre and potential future employability in the Arts.
This post is funded by Arts Council of Wales.
The post is subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS.
For more information or to apply with CV and cover letter, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for CV and cover letter submission is 29 June 2018
In The Bay Job Description
POST TITLE: 3 X In the Bay Practitioners (Freelance)
(Acting, Design and Technical although posts could be combined into one role for the right candidate. Please specify which role(s) you would like to be considered for in your application.)
HOURS OF WORK: Negotiable dependant on skills. We anticipate 5 hours per week per skillset. Sessions will take place on evenings/weekends.
RESPONSIBLE TO: In the Bay Steering Group via Arts for All Manager (from MAC)
RATE OF PAY: £25 per hour
MAIN BASE: WMC
Media Academy Cardiff shall be working in partnership with Wales Millennium Centre to create an Open Theatre in Cardiff for young adults aged 16-25 (with a focus on 18+). In the Bay intends to provide opportunities for young adults from South Wales, to remove barriers, increase confidence and develop work-based skills.
With a focus on three strands of theatre, In the Bay will produce new and scripted theatre, affording young adults the opportunity to take part in professional theatre.
The three strands are:
Acting and Performing
Design (including set, costume and props)
- Practical experience in facilitating sessions in one or more of the following disciplines: Acting/Performing Arts, Technical Theatre, Theatrical Design
- Experience of working with young adults, ideally in a theatrical setting
- Experience of working with disadvantaged young adults
- Experience of working within diverse communities
- Committed and reliable
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding practices and implementation
- Experience in working across different areas of theatrical practices
- Experience in developing transferrable work-based skills in others